The Connected grant scheme is available for businesses, and voluntary and community groups based in Derby who need some financial help to meet the cost of funding workplace or community-based travel improvements or initiatives. Examples of what can be funded are included below, but would typically include anything that:
- makes it easier, cheaper, healthier or greener for your employees and visitors
- reduces the costs and time delays associated with essential business travel
- ensures customers, suppliers and visitors can easily access local business and group sites.
By applying for funding (of up to £15,000*), your organisation/group will commit to developing a Travel Action Plan that reviews how staff and visitors travel to your site, and sets basic objectives.
Working with our Connected Travel Advisors, you will get free help and advice on travel measures that will have the greatest impact for your organisation/group and encourage greater use of alternatives to the car; such as cycling, walking, car sharing, using public transport and flexible-working.
What can I apply for?
Grants will be made available for both infrastructure and incentives that help you promote walking, cycling, public transport, car sharing and smarter working practices, including:
- installing cycle parking and storage facilities for staff and visitors
- car share signs and marking out priority car share parking bays
- showers and changing facilities
- buying pool bikes for staff to use
- site access improvements for walking and cycling
- electric vehicle charging points and pool vehicles (*up to a maximum of £2,000)
- support for targeted events, campaigns and promotions inside the workplace.
What’s not covered by the grant?
The following items are not covered by the Connected Grant Scheme:
- laptops or computers
- video-conferencing suites
- non-electric vehicle pool cars
- bus and rail tickets
- maintenance of infrastructure purchased through the grant.
What happens next?
A member of the Connected team will contact you to discuss your application in more detail, and arrange a site visit. Once the completed application is submitted, it will be assessed and a decision made by the panel.
You will be notified of the decision within 28 days of receipt and if your bid is successful you can start work to Get Connected immediately.