Each spring Connected will review the achievements of all the businesses involved in the Connected programme. Four levels of accreditation will be used to recognise achievement at our annual Connected Business Awards.
The following activities are indicative of what businesses must do to achieve the different levels of accreditation:
- Joined the Connected for business network
- Expressed an interest in receiving sustainable travel support
- Completed a Travel Action Plan and conducted a staff travel survey
- Secured senior management support for the Action plan.
- All Bronze activities, plus…
- Begun promoting sustainable travel to staff through events/distributing information.
- Introduced incentives to travel sustainability e.g. Personal Travel Planning sessions, improved facilities for cyclists, Cycle 2 Work scheme.
- All Silver and Bronze activities, plus…
- Independently updating and maintaining a Travel Action Plan.
- Independently marketing and incentivising sustainable travel.
- On-going participation in local/national smarter travel campaigns.
- Recorded a reduction in single occupancy car use.
In addition to the above four awards will be presented in recognition of Travel Planning excellence:
- Sustainable Travel Champion of the Year
- Connected Large Employer of the Year
- Connected SME of the Year
- Travel Plan Initiative of the Year
If your business would like to be considered for Connected accreditation, then please get in touch. Our Travel Advice Service can offer your business free support and advice on effectively promoting walking, cycling, public transport and car sharing at your workplace.
To get in touch with the Connected Travel Advice Service, telephone: 01332 614775 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org